No time to read the entire article? No problem, here are the key points!
Benefits of Blogging
Blogging is a great way to increase the reach and engagement of your website. Blogs are an effective tool to attract more visitors, drive higher conversion rates, and ultimately grow your business. Here are some of the benefits of blogging:
- Generate leads: By writing relevant content in your blogs, you can attract more readers and leads to your website.
- Build relationships: Through engaging content, you can nurture relationships with your readers and build trust with your existing customers.
- Boost SEO: Quality content helps to improve your website’s rankings in search engine results, making it easier for potential customers to find you.
- Establish authority: Blogging allows you to demonstrate your expertise in your field, helping to establish yourself as an authority in your industry.
- Increase website traffic: By writing content that is relevant to your target audience, you can drive more traffic to your website.
What Blogging Does For Your Company
Blogging is an effective way to drive traffic to your website, build credibility, and start a conversation with your audience. It increases SEO, encourages people to share content, and proves that you are a trusted source of information. Additionally, it allows you to ask questions and get feedback from your audience, which can lead to great ideas and increased sales. Blogs can:
- Drive Traffic: Companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website from other sources.
- Build Credibility: 47% of buyers view 3 to 5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep.
- Start a Conversation: Answering their questions shows them that you care about their opinions and humanizes the company.
Your Marketing Channels That Benefit From a Blog
Do you have trouble coming up with things to post on your business’s social media pages? Having a blog gives you not only great content to post, but content that brings people to your website. Social Media is a great tool to get your blog content out there to a specific audience, helping your brand become more popular. Plus, you can post blog content multiple times, using different parts of the post each time.
Having a blog helps your email marketing in two ways. First, if you have a company newsletter or send out promotional emails, you can use your blog content as extra material. Include a section to show a featured blog post or recent blogs to your audience. This will help build trust in your business and show that you are an expert on the topic. Second, a blog encourages new readers to subscribe. Many blogs will have a sign-up box so people who are interested in the topic can get updates on similar content. This increases your email list!
What Content Goes on a Blog?
Your Brand Voice
If your business has a certain way of speaking or a certain view, a blog is the place to show it! Blogs help make your brand more relatable. Bigger companies may be seen as distant, but blogs can help show your audience that there are real people working there.
If your business offers a product or service, you can blog about best practices or how-to’s related to it. But, you can also blog about different topics that your audience might be interested in. For example, if you’re in real estate, you could blog about helpful DIY’s for first-time home buyers.
Images and Videos
Showcase the beautiful images and videos your business has created on your blog. They will keep your blog interesting, educational, and show your personality. You can easily add YouTube or Vimeo links, or upload image and video files. Then add a description of at least 300 words for SEO.
Creating a blog doesn’t have to be difficult, and it is well worth it in the end for your marketing team to start one. Everyone in your organization can contribute and weigh-in on topics they have the most knowledge on. Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts. (Source: Hubspot, State of Inbound) Be one of those marketers and show the value in your blog efforts!